David's Dits, or the Blog of David

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's quarter to 3, and David's just informed me that he has a doctor's appointment in an hour. He starts the conversation with "I'm just gonna make some tea (AKA: Do you want your bucket filled?)", so as to appear generous, and then checks that I can stay late until he gets back.

Why oh why oh why didn't he ask me yesterday instead of an hour before he's off? I ask him every week if he's OK with our normal hours and every week he says yes. If it was his day to work until half 4 he'd be off by ten past.

As he hobbled down the metal steps I found myself wondering whether that huge belly would cusion his fall or make it harder, what with the extra weight. I hope this never happens, because it would be a hilarious sight and people might get the wrong impression if my immediate reaction involves an outburst of laughter. I would still be concerned, it would just be funny.

----------------------

I've realised that sweet songwriter music is the right thing for working here. Now it's the turn of Sufjan Stevens' 'Illinoise', which I think is good but far too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home